Update: As of Dec 7, 2021, we are no longer taking applications for this position.
The Tzedek Social Justice Fund (Tzedek) is looking for a Director of Communications who is passionate about dismantling oppressive systems, has a compelling writing style and is a whiz at graphic design/social media management to join our small but mighty team! The position is based in Asheville, North Carolina.
The Director of Communications is responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive communications strategy in alignment with Tzedek’s vision, mission, and grounding values+practices and resonant with our emerging analysis of social justice philanthropy.
This position will work closely with the Executive Director to tell Tzedek’s story via social media, blog posts and other external communications.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Part-time, 20 hours per week
- Annual Base pay salary: $50,000
- 26 days of paid time off (PTO) including holiday, vacation, health leave, and personal days
- Annual cost of living raise of $1,000 on January 1
- Annual longevity raise of $1,000 on your work anniversary
- Up to $8,300 through the Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement (QSEHRA) and Flexible Savings Account (FSA) to reimburse for health insurance premiums and medical expenses.
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- An employer contribution of 2% of salary to a SIMPLE IRA
- Other benefits include employer paid: professional development opportunities, wellness stipend, phone plan, year-end bonus, and six week sabbatical after five years of employment.
Download the full job-description and application instructions below.