The Reparations Stakeholder Authority of Asheville (RSAA), is a fiscally sponsored project of the Tzedek Social Justice Fund (Tzedek). The RSAA is a Black-led, community-based project that will serve as a Community Reparations Finance Authority in keeping with the Reparatory Justice Model piloted in Evanston, Illinois and certified by the National African American Reparations Commission.
The goal of the RSAA is to provide an infrastructure for Black residents of Asheville and Buncombe County to guide the distribution of funds intended for reparations. The RSAA will administer an Asheville Reparations Community Fund, similar to that created in Evanston. The Fund is intended to be a perpetual resource for Buncombe County’s Black community, to complement the tax revenue stream earmarked by the City and County for initial reparations remedies, and to ensure funding is available for reparations once those tax revenues are no longer available.
The Reparations Project Director position is an exciting opportunity for a movement leader based in Asheville, North Carolina to take part in the historic reparations movement in our area. Tzedek is looking for a strategic, detail-oriented, leader who is passionate about Black liberation, has experience in community organizing and who thrives in entrepreneurial environments. The position is remote, but candidates must be residents of Asheville or Buncombe County, North Carolina.
This position will work closely with Tzedek’s Executive Director and the RSAA design team to transition the RSAA from a fiscally-sponsored project to an independent 501(c)3 public charity. This is a temporary staff position with an initial 12-month employment term with Tzedek. There is a possibility of renewal pending funding and reasonable progress towards project goals.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Temporary, 12-month position, with possibility of renewal
- Full-time, 32 hours per week
- Annual salary: $80,000
- 31 (248 hours) days of paid time off (PTO) including holiday, vacation, health leave, and personal days
- Up to $11,050 through the Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement (QSEHRA) and Flexible Savings Account (FSA) to reimburse for health insurance premiums and medical expenses
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Other benefits include employer paid: professional development opportunities, wellness stipend, phone plan, year-end bonus
Download the full job description and application instructions below. Please submit applications by Monday, September 12, 9AM ET.